Review - Ume Sake Kit Kat


I used to really love Kit Kat when I was younger but as I grew older, I became more fond of tasting the more "exotic" flavours that the Japanese come up with for Kit Kat. I wonder why Nestle isn't coming up with other various flavours in the other countries. Hmm...

Anyway, I spotted this at Don Don Donki the other day and decided to splurge just to taste it. Do note that there is a plain sake version as well but I like plum wine so I went with this flavour instead. Each box was S$12.90 and contained 9 small packets inside. That means it's about S$1.45 per packet which is already half the size of your regular Kit Kat.

Tastewise? I liked the smell of Umeshu upon opening the packet. There is a mild plum wine flavour on first bite and it ends off with the typical white chocolate taste. Overall, it is pleasant and I liked the fact that it wasn't too sweet. However, I'm not gonna get another box unless it's below S$10. Haha...a girl can only wish.

Comments