Great Burger In NYC Without The Mad Queue

On our way back to our AirBnB apartment on the Upper East Side, I spotted this diner named '3 Guys' and for some weird reason, I wanted to go there for dinner. Thankfully one of my friends went along with my idea and after parking our car, we walked over for dinner.

The diner itself was quite homely and judging from the menu, '3 Guys' is trying to set itself as an Italian restaurant rather than an American diner. Nevertheless, they do have some American staples such as burgers.

Ironically, I have been in the US for 3 days and have yet to eat a proper burger and fries. As such, I ordered their '3 Guys Beef Burger' (US$15) which is a beef patty topped with sauteed mushrooms, bacon and cheese. I liked that they ask you how you'd like the meat to be done, which means that this is gonna be (hopefully) a good and proper burger. It comes with the token dollop of coleslaw if you need some veg, a huge pickle plus a slice of tomato that's as wide as the bun. There were A LOT of fries. My friend ordered the same dish except that she opted for the turkey patty instead.

The beef patty was perfect! I had asked for medium rare and that's how it came. It was so juicy and get this - even the turkey patty was juicy! Goodness knows what magic the chef did with that bird. Although it was a little pricey, I think that it was worth it in the sense that we didn't need to queue up for ages (or wait in a long line for you Americans) and that we got a burger that was really substantial. The bacon was crispy and they were so generous with the mushrooms that I was in burger heaven.

I wouldn't want to compare it with other famous burger places such as Shake Shack as I think that they were serving a restaurant version of a burger where the serving is so big that you can't pick it all up with 2 hands. Yes, it is a little pricey but since we're in Manhattan, can't really complain.

3 Guys Restaurant
1232 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10128
b/t 88th St & 89th St
Upper East Side

Comments