Seafood Spinach Wholemeal Pizza


This picture may not look much because the lighting couldn't really capture the pizza in its glory but it's a really yummy homemade pizza with salmon, mussels, spinach and an egg in the middle. I even drizzled some truffle oil on top for an extra oomph. Yup, I made everything from scratch simply because I felt like it. I made this a healthier choice for a pizza and it's chockful of Omega-3, iron and good protein.

For the wholemeal dough
Ingredients:
1 cup       wholemeal flour
1 cup       all purpose flour/ plain flour
1 1/4 tsp  instant yeast
1/2 tsp     white sugar
1/4 tsp     salt
2 tbsp      olive oil
3/4 cup   water (warm or at room temperature)

Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until the dough doesn't stick to the bowl. 
  2. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 minutes.
  3. Transfer dough to a greased bowl and cover it with a moist, clean towel. Let it rise for 1 hour.
  4. After it has risen, punch out the air and shape the dough to your preferred thickness and size.


That's how my dough turned out and I had added extra Chia seeds to make it even healthier (more omega-3!). Now, onto building the pizza.

For the toppings
Ingredients: (do note that everything is a suggestion and you can always substitute items)
1 egg
4-5 cups Baby Spinach
1 Salmon fillet, sliced
1 cup mussels, shelled
4-5 tbsp tomato paste/spaghetti sauce
1.5 cups pizza cheese (it's a mix...otherwise, just use mozzarella)

Method:
  1. Preheat your oven to 175 deg C
  2. Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza base
  3. Put the spinach on top
  4. Sprinkle the cheese
  5. Place the mussel and salmon slices on top
  6. Crack the egg in the middle
  7. Place your pizza in the oven and take it out once the egg is cooked to your preferred doneness. I like mine a little runny so my pizza was in the oven for about 20 min.


I floured the aluminium foil at the bottom but my pizza still stuck to the foil. If you have those fancy wooden pizza things, I highly recommend using those. I didn't grease the bottom because I didn't want to fry my dough. Nonetheless, I enjoyed making my own pizza and the fact that it's healthy sat very well with my stomach and diet plan. Haha...I was greedy and wanted to add in mushrooms too but alas, I forgot about them. So it turned into a pure seafood pizza. Have fun making your own pizza!

Comments