Prosciutto Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Blue Cheese


Disclaimer: this is not my original recipe! I got it from Skinny Taste and the only differences are that I didn't use any toothpicks to secure the prosciutto to the figs and I drizzled the figs with maple syrup after.

I have to say that I really loved this recipe because it's simple, easy to assemble and is perfect for those times where you're hungry but yet not hungry enough to finish off a full meal. I would've eaten this with arugula salad and balsamic vinegar but I didn't have any salad left so it was just the figs for me. Anyway, to the recipe:

Ingredients: 

  • Figs
  • 1 slice of prosciutto ham for every fig
  • Blue cheese
  • Maple syrup (optional)
Method: 
  1. Slice the figs into halves but do not cut all the way through
  2. Stuff the middle of the figs with a bit of blue cheese. I wouldn't recommend putting too much as blue cheese is quite salty and pungent
  3. Wrap each fig with a slice of prosciutto. You may want to use toothpicks to secure them but I found that they were already 'sticky' enough to hold themselves together
  4. Air fry them for 6 min at 1800C
The reason why I used maple syrup as a dressing is because the prosciutto and blue cheese are quite salty and if your figs aren't very sweet, it'll be overpoweringly salty. But if you're eating the figs with a salad, the salad itself will balance the flavours and the balsamic vinegar will be a better dressing option.

Variations: swap blue cheese with any other hard and sharp cheeses; swap the prosciutto with bacon. 

Do note that for every variation, the flavour profile will also change. For example, bacon is saltier than prosciutto and you might want to be more heavy-handed with the maple syrup.

Enjoy!


Image: Melissa Fann 

Vinomofo SG evergreen

Comments