Korean Style Pork


I don't dare to call this Pork Bulgogi because I'm not Korean and this recipe is really not the traditional spicy bulgogi recipe...but the taste is awfully close to it. I learnt this from a friend's domestic helper who used to work for a Korean family but I made my own tweaks. I like to marinate this a day before cooking it and the many times that I've cooked this dish, it is always tender and super yummy!

Ingredients:

  • 250-300g pork collar shabu shabu
  • 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
  • 1 tbsp miso
  • 1 tbsp garlic chilli sauce
  • 2 tbsp honey 
  • 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • half an onion, sliced
Method: 
  1. Mix all the ingredients together (except the onions) and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
  2. In a heated pan, add oil and then cook the onion till they're translucent.
  3. Add in the marinated pork and stir fry until the pork is cooked.
  4. Serve as a dish on its own or serve on top of rice.


Comments