Laziest Mac & Cheese


This is for us lazy cooks and students! I'm not a student by the way. Hahaha. But this dish is perfect for those days after work where you forgot to take out the meat or fish to thaw.

I used almond milk instead of dairy milk but feel free to use whatever milk you prefer. I only used almond milk because I can't drink too much milk and with the amount of cheese inside, I went with a nut milk.

You can check out the video below or simply refer to the written recipe below.




Ingredients:

  • 1 serving Pasta (can be spiral, shells or elbow macaroni...it's really up to you)
  • 350ml milk (or milk alternatives)
  • 1 cup of cheese (cheddar is the best...and not the processed kind)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • a splash of white wine/ vodka
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • splash of olive oil
  • parsley and basil (optional)
Method: 
  1. Heat up a saucepan and add in your milk.
  2. Add in the minced garlic, wine, salt and olive oil.
  3. When the milk starts to bubble, add in the pasta and stir.
  4. When the pasta is about half cooked, stir in the cheese until they're all melted.
  5. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
  6. Add in pepper, parsley and basil
Tip: If the sauce doesn't thicken to the consistency that you like but it is salty enough, add in a little bit of cornstarch to thicken it. In my case, I added in collagen powder so that I get a bit of protein.

Enjoy!

Comments