Fruit Salad with Burrata and Proscuitto


I first tasted this wonderful fruit salad at Pizza4P's in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and was wonderfully surprised at how refreshing but yet creamy and a whole lotta satisfying this salad was! The saltiness from the proscuitto balanced the sweet from the fruits and the burrata was just a lovely cheese to tie it altogether! The mint was also an interesting addition to the whole dish, which made eating the whole thing really delightful.

Thus, when I returned to Singapore, I tried to recreate the whole dish but I didn't have fresh mint so I substituted with fresh basil from my "garden". Here's what you'll need to make this delicious and simple summer salad (serves 1 or 2 pax...depending whether it's a starter or a main):

Ingredients:


  • 1 burrata cheese
  • 2-3 slices of proscuito, sliced
  • 5-6 small fresh mint leaves or basil (I prefer to slice them but you can leave them uncut like the image above)
  • 1 slice of pomelo or grapefruit, diced (or I prefer to just break it up with my fingers)
  • 1 slice of watermelon, diced
  • half a mango, diced
  • half an apple, diced
  • 1 slice of cantaloupe, diced

  • Method:
    1. Mix the fruits together
    2. Place the proscuito on top
    3. Sprinkle the mint/basil
    4. Place the burrata on top
    To eat, just tear up the burrata with a fork and knife into small little pieces and then mix everything up. There's no need for any dressing because the juices from the fruits plus the moisture from the cheese will mix together.

    If you're thinking of preparing this for a party, you may want to substitute the burrata with mini mozzarella balls but I still prefer to stick to the burrata because of the texture and taste. Do try it and let me know how yours turned out!

    Comments