Korean Style Spicy Grilled Pork

Pardon the ugly photo. I took this photo only after my mum ate it and I had no chance to plate it properly. Anyway, this recipe is super simple and you can use it on chicken or beef as well. In this case, I used leftover pork collar shabu shabu slices but it's traditionally made with pork belly. This recipe is so easy and I can even tell you what items to substitute with. Please also note that everything is estimated because like most typical Asians, I cook with estimations of amounts and just go with the gut on whether something is enough or not.

'Normal' Recipe:
200g pork
2 tsp sesame seed oil
2 tbsp Korean chilli paste
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 clove garlic, minced

This is the chilli paste that I used:


I had about 400g of pork and I didn't have enough chilli paste left and I don't like or have corn syrup at home, which is why I have an alternative recipe for the marinate for you:

Alternative recipe:
200g pork
2 tsp sesame seed oil
1.5 tbsp miso paste
0.5 tbsp garlic chilli sauce
2 tbsp honey

Method:
Mix everything together until the meat is evenly coated. Marinate it overnight. When you want to grill or panfry it, slice up half an onion and sauté that before grilling/frying the pork with it.

Try it...it's really so simply and delicious!

Comments