Beef Wrap With Caramelised Onions


I've been down with a stomach flu for the past 1 week and so, I wanted something that was a little light, fuss free and easy to prepare. Also, I had an over-ripened avocado. So, I turned the avocado into a very simple guacamole, which provided the creamy base and 'sauce' for my wrap. The recipe below makes 2 wraps.

You'll need:
1 avocado
1 tsp lime juice or vinegar
rocket leaves
30g sliced beef (I used karubi chips)
1 small onion, sliced
1 tsp sugar
salt & pepper to taste

For the Guacamole:
  1. Mash up the avocado
  2. Add in the lime juice/vinegar and continue to mash
  3. Add in salt and pepper to taste
For the caramelised onion:
  1. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and stir fry the onion until it's translucent
  2. Add in the sugar and about 1 tbsp of water. Continue to stir fry until the onions turn brown
  3. Set aside
The beef is almost too easy. Just stir fry it in a bit of oil and that's it. I didn't even add in any salt because there's enough salt from the guacamole in my opinion. However, if you want, you can add in salt and pepper to the beef. If you're using steaks, just cook them normally and then slice them into thin strips before adding to your wrap.

Building the wrap:

  1. Add about 2 spoonfuls of the guacamole onto a wholemeal wrap
  2. Top it off with the rocket (I did this at the end for photo taking purposes)
  3. Put half of the beef on top of the vegetables before topping it all with half of the onions
  4. Wrap it all up and you're good to go!
  5. Repeat for wrap no. 2
This wrap is very hearty and because of the onions, you wouldn't need any garlic to flavour the whole dish. Yummy!

Comments