Stir Fried Shirataki with Kale, Beef and Cherry Tomatoes in a Peanut Sauce


I reckon you guys will be seeing a few more recipes with Kale from me because I recently purchased a whole bunch of it and after reading all the benefits of it, I think I might eat more Kale. Apparently, 1 serving of Kale contains only 30 calories and has enough vitamin C to last you the whole day as well as vitamin K!

Shirataki is yet another wonderful low calorie ingredient. 200g of these noodles is only 1 calorie or so. So, this dish that I whipped up for dinner contains about 250 calories and it's mainly from the slices of beef and peanut sauce. It looks like it's a lot of food but it isn't in terms of calories and it will keep you quite full due to the fibre.

Now...trust me when I say that peanut sauce/peanut butter goes quite well with beef. And kale. Seriously! I got the idea from a Kale Salad that I ate last month from Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House (read my review here). Recipe below serves 1.

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic, minced
3  kale leaves, chopped
5  cherry tomatoes
1 packet of shirataki noodles
100g sliced beef (meant for stir fry or shabu shabu)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp warm water
1 tsp sesame seed oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Heat oil up and fry the garlic until golden brown
  2. Add in the beef and kale
  3. While the beef and kale are cooking, mix the peanut butter, sesame seed oil and warm water together 
  4. Add the tomatoes in and continue to stir fry until the beef and vegetables are cooked
  5. Add in the drained and washed shirataki noodles into the pan and mix well
  6. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the frying pan/wok and mix well
  7. Add in salt and pepper to taste
  8. Serve
Other things that you can add into this dish are: mushrooms, avocado (only at the end, as a topping) and crushed peanuts. Trust me when I say that peanut sauce goes well with beef. Try it!

Comments