Less fattening Truffle Fries with Parmesan


I had a craving.  Cravings MUST be fulfilled. :)  Yup, any excuse to have fries.  Especially Truffle Fries!!  My version is slightly less fattening because I didn't deep fry my fries.  I baked them.  This recipe is really easy because I didn't make my chips from scratch, which I've done before when I was a child and mind you, it was and still will be a hassle.

For this recipe, you'll need:
  • frozen fries (above, I used crinkle cut but you can choose shoestring fries)
  • 1 dessert spoon of white truffle oil for every 2 handfuls of fries
  • 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt to taste
Follow the instructions on bag of frozen fries if they give the baking alternative.  If none, just toss them (frozen) in a preheated oven at 230 deg C for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Once they're done, add in the salt and truffle oil and then toss.  Put the fries into a bowl and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese.

Voila! Yummy munchy time!

Comments