Merry Christmas Chicken Roast

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Hope your Christmas dinner was as yummy as mine! Instead of a turkey, I roasted a chicken and potatoes to go along with it.


For my roast chicken, I marinated it since 11am and here's my marinade:
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 3 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 5 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce (add about 1 tsp of dark soy sauce if you want the chicken to be a little darker)
  • pinch of truffle salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder (or you can put in a whole stick)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 star anise
  • 5 cloves
Once it has been marinated for at least 4 hours, wrap it with aluminium foil and roast it in a pre-heated oven of 175 deg C.  After 30 min, unwrap the foil and bast the chicken with the sauce and juices.  Roast for another 30 min or until thoroughly cooked.  I prefer my chicken slightly pink in the middle so that the breast meat isn't dry and tough.


I love making this roast potatoes because they're really simple and easy.  I recommend using new potatoes or any potato that remains relatively firm (no Russets).  Boil the potatoes with a tsp of salt and some rosemary.  Once cooked, take out the potatoes and cut them into cubes (skip this step if you're using new potatoes).  On a baking tray, drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, rosemary and sea salt/ truffle salt.  Bake for 10 min or until golden brown.  I sprinkled Parmesan cheese after that to give it an extra oomph.  If you like that garlic flavour, toss in garlic powder before roasting. YUM!!

Comments