Avocado With Eggs & Smoked Salmon


I wanted something simple, delicious and low carb to eat for lunch today because I was just feeling a bit lazy plus I had just bought these amazing ingredients! It's so simple and I will even tell you the cheating method ;)

Use a muffin tray to hold your avocado to bake your avocado and egg with the cheese! 2 for the eggs and 2 for each half of the avocado. See...I'm all for 1 dish/tray meals.

Lightly smear some oil (you choose what oil you'd like) on the inside of 2 moulds and then crack an egg each, topping each with a small piece of Gouda cheese. Put the tray in an oven of 180 deg C for about 3 minutes. Take the tray out and add your avocado halves into 2 other moulds.
This is my quick and easy way of ensuring that your avocado is sliced nicely but still whole when you put it into the muffin tray. I slice them with the skin still on. Then I simply use a spoon to scoop it out onto the tray. It's really that easy. I then put the rest of a Gouda cheese slice on top of it.

Bake for another 3-4 minutes and then you're ready to plate! The avocado halves first come out as the base. Then place the egg on top of the avocado. I like to put a bit of black pepper to add a bit of flavour. I didn't add any salt because the smoked salmon is salty but if you're not topping it with any salmon or ham/bacon, then do go ahead with the salt. Lastly, I top it all off with my smoked salmon slices before digging in!

I love this combination of creamy, salty and cheesy flavours bursting in my mouth. If you want to cut back on the saltiness and add in a bit of tart, I'd suggest squeezing a bit of lemon or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

Trust me when I say that there's enough calories in this dish to last you for a meal. It's high in Vitamin E and protein too! That said, nutritionists do not recommend eating more than 2 eggs per day so there goes my daily quota of eggs.


Comments