More Than Matcha At Nana's Green Tea

Kinoko Hamburg Steak With Millet Rice
After walking and feeling absolutely miserable walking in our hot and humid weather, I hungrily settlled at Nana's Green Tea at Plaza Singapura for dinner. I had always associated Nana's with dessert so this time round, I decided to try out their mains.

I ordered their Kinoko Hamburg Steak With Millet Rice (S$14.90++). It's essentially a beef burger patty with mushrooms and a cream sauce. I was pleasantly surprised that when the dish came, it looked almost exactly like the photo in the menu! It comes with a bowl of miso soup which was chockful of seaweed, which I liked.

The cream sauce was a little weird to start and I was second guessing my order but it went really well with the beef. It made the beef taste a lot smoother and less meaty. The rice was a bit dry and hard, making me think that they had already prepared the rice on the plates several hours ahead instead of dishing it when an order comes. All the veg on the plate were raw. Including the broccoli. Hmm. I wish they had steamed that one. Otherwise, the whole meal was not too bad.

Well, I can't go to Nana's without ordering their dessert...so tada, I ordered myself a Matcha Kantan Jelly (S$8.50++).

The dark purplish blob there is sweetened red bean but there were quite a few slightly salted beans in the bowl as well. This is probably to act as a balance to the sweet matcha ice cream as well as the black sugar syrup that you can pour over the dessert.

Their mochi balls are the best that I've ever eaten so far. Hmm...more please! The Kanten jelly was so-so and despite the dark green colour, is not as matcha flavourful as I thought it would be.

Would I try other dishes? Sure, why not. Except the dons...cos the bowls looked tiny.

Nana's Green Tea

The Atrium @ Orchard
Plaza Singapura
60B Orchard Road #03-80/82
Singapore 238891

Operating hours: Daily 11am to 10pm
Website: http://www.nanasgreentea.com.sg/

Comments