'Lobster' Bisque Risotto with Edamame and Truffle Oil


I ate a version of this at Nuvo (Marina Square Level 2) and was inspired to recreate this dish. I wanted to buy a can of lobster bisque but my supermarket didn't have that today. So, let me tell you the cheat version. My recipe cooks for 3.

Ingredients:
1.5 cups  risotto rice
50g boiled edamame
12 prawns, shelled (please keep the heads and shells)
1 can of stock (I cheated and used French Onion Soup so that I also got that sweet onion taste)
50g button mushrooms, chopped however you like
100ml cooking cream
3 tbsp tomato paste (or swap this with 4 tbsp of any spaghetti sauce)
150ml cognac
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
paprika powder (optional)
truffle oil (optional)
Before I added the cream...

Method:
  1. Boil the prawn shells and heads with a bit of salt for 15 min. Keep the stock.
  2. Pan fry the garlic till golden brown then stir fry the mushrooms.
  3. Add the rice and stir.
  4. Add in all the liquids and stir while the pot comes to a boil. Continue to stir and cook for about 10 mins.
  5. Add in the prawns and edamame. Continue to stir and cook until the rice is soft.
  6. Add in salt and pepper to taste. 
  7. Sprinkle paprika and truffle oil before serving.
I love how simple risotto dishes are. Not only that, it's very hearty. Good thing is that my fussy mother actually enjoyed this dish and went for seconds!
I finished my risotto off with a bit of cognac too! Don't poopoo the ice. I can't drink it neat.

Comments