Vanilla Coconut Cupcakes with Ferrero Rocher centre


I baked vanilla coconut cupcakes with Ferrero Rocher centres and topped with pink icing and a raspberry.  I cheated.  Everything came out from a pre-mix so I have no recipe except to follow the instructions on the box.

However, I used it as a simple base that I can be creative with.  Use a butter sponge or vanilla sponge cake mix.  To that, I added dessicated coconut and vanilla essence for more oomph.  As the coconut will take out some of the moisture, I added a tablespoon (not dessert spoon) more milk into the mixture.

Fill half of the muffin cup with the batter then place a Ferrero Rocher in the middle.  Top it off with more batter and then whack it in a preheated oven (180 deg C) for approximately 15 minutes.  It will then resemble like below...


My icing is really simple.  It's just icing sugar with a tablespoon of milk and 40g of butter.  Whisk it all and then I added a drop of red food colouring to make it pink.  Ice the cupcakes only when they're cool.  I then topped the cupcakes off with a raspberry so that the tart from the berry will cut back on the super sweet icing and chocolate centre.

Viola...


Comments