Baked Salmon & Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with paprika


I love brunch. It's perfect for people like me who like to laze around in bed before getting up to the humdrum of the world.  Who ever said that brunch had to have eggs?  I decided to go with salmon and potatoes but in a lighter way.

I coated the top of my salmon steak with pesto sauce and this is a perfect balance of garlic, saltiness and even a slight tinge of sour to cut back on the richness of salmon.  Bake this for about 6-7 min (depending on the thickness of your salmon steak).

Boil some fingerling potatoes for 10 min and then quarter them. Sprinkle salt, paprika and olive oil over them. Roast for 5 min.  I used fingerling potatoes because they still retain their shape after boiling and roasting. It's not mushy when boiled so this is great for roasting. Not so great for mashed potatoes.

I baked/roasted the salmon and potatoes on the same tray so that I save washing. Haha...lazy me.  Everything done within 15 min. Everything was washed down with a nice pot of lemongrass tea.  Perfect for that lazy weekend!

Comments